This is the post for the week of March 17, 2015.
Today you will explore some additional information about your job application materials.
Readings for the week of March 17
For today’s session, please read the following, as appropriate for the materials you are writing for Project 4:
- For LinkedIn (This week’s quiz focuses on these LinkedIn articles):
- 5 Essential Tips for a KILLER LinkedIn Summary
- Your LinkedIn Profile Summary: How to Distinguish Yourself from Your Company
- How To Improve Your LinkedIn Background Summary
- How To Make Your LinkedIn Headline Stand Out
- LinkedIn Cheat Sheet: 5 Tips For A Professional Profile
- LinkedIn: What To Include In Your Work History
- For a resume:
- Resume Objectives (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes and vitae guide (from VT Career Services)
- Resumes 101: Swap a Stale Objective for a Fresh Branding Statement
- Resume Tips (from VT HR)
- Avoid the Top 10 Resume Mistakes
- If you are writing both a resume and a LinkedIn profile:
Work for the week of March 17
Complete the Reading Quiz on LinkedIn Profiles by 11:55 PM on Monday, March 23.
- Reply to at least one of the topics below (in the Projects 3 & 4: Job Application Materials forum):