This is the post for the week of May 5, 2015.
This is the last week of class. You will complete peer review for the sixth project and then submit your final by 11:55 PM Tuesday, 5/12. There is NO grace period for the final.
Readings for the week of May 5
For this week, please review the following, as necessary:
- Editing and Proofreading tips and skim Appendix B of Markel.
- Guidelines on “Organizing a Memo” in Markel, on p. 232.
- FAQs on the Google Drive system.
Work for the week of May 5
- Complete the peer review activities:
- Post drafts for Project 6 in the forums.
- Respond to two students in the forums.
- Revise your Project 6 based on the feedback.
- Write your reflection memo and submit your project. by 11:55 PM Tuesday, 5/12. There is NO grace period.
- Check back later next week for your course grade. I will post an announcement when final grades have been submitted.
If you have not done so already, please fill out the Student Perceptions of Teaching (SPOT) survey for this course. I do not see the feedback until June (after grades are submitted), and your comments are anonymous.
The feedback helps the department make important decisions about teaching methods, course content, and faculty promotion. Written comments help me decide what to keep or change the next time I teach the course.